As the coronavirus (Covid-19) continues to impact the world, it is important for us to show you the steps we are taking to help keep our guests and family safe.
At Rosewood Country Inn, we have always had the highest cleaning standards possible. We have implemented additional measures in the face of COVID-19 to ensure you feel safe and secure when staying with us. We are confident that these extra cleaning steps and precautions make our B&B a safer place to stay, so that you can enjoy your time in the Sunapee area.
For your safety, we have added cleaning and sanitation procedures that comply with New Hampshire’s state guidelines as well as the CDC.
These changes cover all aspects of our operations, including breakfast service, guest room and common area housekeeping and sanitation, and supplement our already rigorous processes. Our goal is to ensure the utmost in cleanliness and hygiene every day.
Our promise to you is to make our Inn as safe and welcoming as possible. We take great care in the cleanliness and serenity of our property. We know that we all need to feel safe. We want you to feel safe. We are working very hard to keep our space clean for our family and guests.
We will practice social distancing when we meet and greet you. We will wear gloves in our home or we will wash our hands frequently. Our food service and preparation will be of very high quality and safe, as it has always been.
All of our cleaning staff have been trained on our enhanced cleaning procedures. They will also practice social distancing for mutual safety.
Staff are provided with:
- Face masks
- Protective disposable gloves for use if needed
- All cleaning materials they need
As a Guest Please…
Do your part to minimize risks by:
- social distancing from those not in your household
- wash your hands and/or use provided hand sanitizer regularly during your stay
- use a face-covering if you feel you cannot achieve social distance while in our common areas
Detailed Information About Our Enhanced Procedures
Please read about our enhanced procedures below and please contact us if you have any questions.
Guest Arrival, Check-In and Check-Out
Our preference is to personally welcome our guests. We also believe that implementing social distancing guidelines is wise in the current climate.
When you arrive, we will keep a safe distance of 6 feet when we greet you and we’ll wear masks, please greet us with your own mask. There is plenty of room in our Inn for everyone to socially distance.
We will personally greet you when you arrive. Stan and Odo live on-site. This is our full-time home, your hosts while in the area. If you need anything, please ask. We can give dinner recommendations or places to go. We will always maintain an appropriate social distance from you. When you arrive we will also greet you with a thermometer. Your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer and recorded. If we notice you have a temperature, we will ask you come back another day.
Per the state of NH, we need to ask the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had changes in your sense of taste or smell?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please do not put our employees and other guests at risk and come back another day when you feel better.
In addition, all guests from out of the state need to quarantine for 14 days prior to entering the state
Check out & Billing
All account charges will be processed automatically through our reservation system on the day of check-in. There should be no need to settle balances at check out so there will be no paper, pens, or credit card machines to touch. If a credit card needs to be manually processed during check in or check out, we will make sure that it is done safely.
Breakfast is a big deal at Rosewood Country Inn. We will continue to offer the freshest made-to-order breakfasts prepared with local ingredients customized to your dietary needs. We have breakfast service at 8:30, 9:00 or 9:30 every day. Please adhere to the time assigned as we have to ensure guests have plenty of time between seatings. We have a website for selecting time frame and drinks. Main course is chef’s choice and everyone will get that.
The following highlights important features of our breakfast service:
- All food and beverage will be served to your table.
- We will be wearing a mask during the preparation and service of your breakfast.
- Hand washing is continuous and rigorous in our kitchen.
- You can rest assured that all plates, glassware, and cutlery will have been washed in our commercial quality dishwasher, sanitized, and stored safely.
- Your table will be set only moments before you come down for your breakfast so there is no risk of contamination to your place settings. We will assign tables to ensure all guests have appropriate spacing between them.
Breakfast Seating, Timing and Table Selection
Breakfast is served in either our main dining room, or on our beautiful outdoor ground level deck in good weather. Breakfast time is at 8:30 am, 9:00 am or 9:30 am every day. You can select what time and location you would like to have breakfast on your menu when you select your drinks. You will have a link to our web page for selection.
The minimum distance between any breakfast tables at the Inn is 6 ft. or more. Please notice what tables are set up and which are not and only use the ones that are set up.
Buttle’s Pantry Use:
Self-Serve Coffee, Tea, and the Guest Fridge
We will discontinue our self-serve guest amenities in the butler’s pantry. No cups, plastic ware, ice, etc. will be available in there. The fridge will remain there for use to store any medicines our guests may need. Our staff will continuously clean up the pantry and after guests leave, the refrigerator will be sanitized. While guests are here, we will not touch anything inside the refrigerator.
Guest use of the microwave for any type of warming or food is strictly forbidden. During this time with COVID-19, we do not want any contamination issues.
Pantry sanitation procedures include: Surfaces are cleaned and sanitized every 2 hours while guests are here and a deep cleaned after guests leave.
The kitchen is cleaned and sanitized before and after every B&B breakfast. No individuals other than our staff are allowed to enter the kitchen or touch any surface or use any item in the kitchen. The risks are just too high. Thank you for your understanding.
Food at the B&B
There are many terrific restaurants in the Sunapee area, all starting at a 5-minute drive from the Inn. We understand that you may not want to eat out every meal. We ask you to please adhere the following simple rules during your stay with us:
- If you bring prepared foods, you may store them in the guest fridge but remember anyone may use it too and although we do not touch anything from there but other guests may.
- We can recommend great take-out places locally.
- You can eat in the bar, we have a folding table in your room or on one of our outdoor decks.
- We cannot let you use our kitchen and right now we are not allowing anyone to use the butler’s pantry. Any leftovers you want to keep will be eaten cold after you store them.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping Service
Every time a guest checks out:
- After a guest leaves, we lock up the room for 3 days to ensure all virus dies.
- After 3 days, the entire room is stripped of all linens (sheets, pillowcases and all linens).
- Beds are remade with clean and sanitized linens after the 3 day room airing.
- All hard surfaces in guest rooms are cleaned with an approved sanitizing agent, including doorknobs, light switches, drawer knobs, window and patio door handles, in-room air conditioning remotes and TV remote controls.
- All soft surfaces such as chairs will be sprayed with a fabric sanitizing spray.
Please rest assured the room you are staying in has not been touched 3 days before your arrival. On the same token, your room will be empty for 3 days after your departure.
We have always taken great care in cleaning the ensuite bathrooms in each of our guest rooms.
- All counters, showers, shower doors, handles, vanity tops, drawers and handles are sanitized after they are cleaned.
- All surfaces on the toilet and the toilet paper holder are cleaned and sanitized.
- All bathroom floors are vacuumed, then sanitized, and then vacuumed a second time.
- Our guest bath towels as well as any other linens in the Inn are washed by a service with a non-scented detergent in commercial washing machine.
Once cleaned to our high standards, each guest room will be sealed and will remain closed until the next guest checks in.
Daily Guest Room Housekeeping Service
Daily housekeeping service has been discontinued at this time except for stays 3 nights or longer. If you are staying with us for more than 2 nights, we will have a conversation about how you would like us to handle any housekeeping you may require.
Trash Removal & Recycle.
- Please place the trash can or recycle bin outside of your room to signal you want removal. You can also leave bottles and cans for recycling in the garbage cans near the guest fridge on the second floor. We will empty all cans during the day and if you left your can outside your room, we will leave it in the same place where you left it so you can place inside your room again.
Fresh Towels During Your Stay
- Simply place dirty towels outside your room on the floor when you leave for the day to request fresh towels during your stay. Clean towels will be delivered outside your room while you are out. We will not come into your room at all. When you check out, simply leave the dirty towels in your shower/tub.
Common areas like the dining room, living room, foyer, gift shop and decks will be cleaned and sanitized daily. High touch items such as door handles, banisters and door jams, butler’s pantry and the guest fridge handles are cleaned several times each day.
Hand sanitizer is located in various spots on the first and second floors. The first floor has sanitizer in the pink living room. Another is located next to the entrance floor. Another in the temporary check in area in the main living room. Yet another is in the bar and the activity table in the dining room. All these in the 1st floor. The second floor has sanitizer on top of the steps leading to the second floor, and yet another next to the table between Windsong (8) and Mary Pickford (9) rooms. The third floor has more sanitizer between Dreamcatcher (12) and Moondancer (11).
Please use hand sanitizer and wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds under hot water when you arrive back in your guest room and before you leave your guest room. Thank you!